Re: Problems DCOP_SERVER after migration buster to Bullseye

On Wednesday 22 December 2021 17:28:23 awaco@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On 2021/12/13 07:09 PM, ajh-valmer wrote:
> > Hello Michele,
> > What does it mean, the messages above ?
> > When I boot Bullseye, I'm in command-line mode (no Xorg, no graphic),
> > invited to connect in root (and password).
> > I have to type "killall tdm" to be connected on the trinity desktop.
> > So, what to do to be directly on the trinity desktop ?
> > André

> Hi André,
> not sure of the details of the error message, would have to check them out.
> But it's the rest that caught my attention.
> Normally a TDE system should boot up and present you the tdm login screen.
> But you mentioned you are in command prompted
> and "invited" to login as root. Do you have some errors and a message
> asking you to provide the root password to login to rectify the issue or
> pressing Ctrl+D to continue ?
I have Ctrl+D to continue in recovery mode or type root passwd.
Only one solution, type "killall tdm" to connect to tde-desktop.

> If you see this message, give it a Ctrl+D first  (without logging in) and
> see what happens and if you get the tdm login screen afterwards
> or not.    Cheers Michele

Hi Michele,
/var/log/tdm.log exists but empty.
/var/log/tdm.1.log :
"info: Cannot open master configuration file /etc/trinity/tdm/tdmdistrc".
tdmdistrc doesn't exist in this folder.
I can login to tde-desktop with lightdm, not with tdm-trinity.
(even after a dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity).

Now I have a clear understanding what happens without to be able to repair.
The file /run/user/1000/ICEauthority is :
-rw------- 1 andre andre 205 22 déc.  17:18 ICEauthority
It becomes automatically quickly :
-rw------- 1 root root 205 22 déc.  17:18 ICEauthority,
after I receive the error messages allready indicated,
DCOPserver and /home/andre./.Xauthority not writable :
-rw-------   1 andre andre     59 22 déc.  17:18 .Xauthority

It seems that there is a conflict between two users, root and andre.
Thanks. Bye, cheers, André