Re: Problems DCOP_SERVER after migration buster to Bullseye

On 2021/12/13 07:09 PM, ajh-valmer wrote:
Hello Michele,

What does it mean, the messages above ?
When I boot Bullseye, I'm in command-line mode (no Xorg, no graphic),
invited to connect in root (and password).
I have to type "killall tdm" to be connected on the trinity desktop.

So, what to do to be directly on the trinity desktop ?

Cheers
André

Hi André,

not sure of the details of the error message, would have to check them out. But it's the rest that caught my attention.
Normally a TDE system should boot up and present you the tdm login screen. But you mentioned you are in command prompted and "invited" to login as root. Do you have some errors and a message asking you to provide the root password to login to rectify the issue or pressing Ctrl+D to continue? If you see this message, give it a Ctrl+D first (without logging in) and see what happens and if you get the tdm login screen afterwards or not.

Cheers
  Michele