Re: No boot to TDE, error messages

On Thursday 16 December 2021 14:00:25 Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
> Hi André,
> your user. if you login as root, you would have a file under  "/run/user/0/ICEauthority"
> I believe :
Hi Michele,

Nice from you to help me.

Yes, I have this file, and "/run/user/1000/ICEauthority" too.

> Since you have autlogin, have you tried disabling autologin for a test ? :
Yes.

> uhm, this is also weird. How do you get to TCC if you can't get a normal boot to a TDE session?
> I would try installing a different dm (like sddm for example) and see if you can boot to a DM
> screen and login in a TDE session using that DM. If so and everything is fine, this will narrow
> the scope of the problem at least.

I can only boot in TCC mode. After, I log in root and I type "killall tdm",
but I fall on error messages "DCOPserver" and "ICEauthority"
preventing a access to TDE-Trinity.
Sometimes the system boot tde-desktop.
When I click on an icon, I receive this message :
tde-init cannot launch kmail or another application a konqueror...

> Do you have the right "tdm.service" file installed for systemd ? :
"tdm.service" attached.

Thanks, cheers, André
[Unit]
Description=Trinity Display Manager
Documentation=man:tdm-trinity(1)
# Conflicts=getty@tty7.service plymouth-quit.service
# After=systemd-user-sessions.service getty@tty7.service plymouth-quit.service
Conflicts=
After=

[Service]
# temporary safety check until all DMs are converted to correct
# display-manager.service symlink handling
ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c '[ "$(basename $(cat /etc/X11/default-display-manager 2>/dev/null))" = "tdm" ]'
ExecStart=/opt/trinity/bin/tdm
Restart=always