Re: window manager for trinity?

On Thu December 2 2021 12:55:55 Gene Heskett wrote:
> Now there are only 6 trinity packages that will install without triggering
> a broken
>
> packages lockout.  This is the 7nth bare metal install, and with the
> 1.9Tbyte raid10 taking several hours to format each time, it has not been
> fun. So atm I am back on kde5 and doing battle with windmills. I've not
> been able to ID the cause, but if its fixed so it will install alongside
> another desktop, on bullseye, please advise.

Gene,

What EXACTLY is the first thing that goes wrong after installing a
MINIMAL Bullseye when you do PRECISELY WHAT try to install TDE?

If you've already installed gdm3 or xfce4 or kde5 I don't want to
know.  If it's TDE you want why isn't it TDE you're installing?

This works fine for a lot of people - I've done it dozens of times -
and we don't end up with gdm3 or xfce4 or kde5 when we install TDE.

--Mike