Re: window manager for trinity?

On Thursday 02 December 2021 02:55:55 pm Gene Heskett wrote:

> This is the 7nth bare metal install, and with the
> 1.9Tbyte raid10 taking several hours to format each time, it has not been
> fun.

You only need to partition and format once.  Just install into existing
partitions...

Also as previously said, if you’re wanting to stick with Debian derivatives,
antiX (and even MX) don't have the issues you're describing.  I’d even say
deuvian, but someone has said it has memory leaks, so probably skip that.

Additionally if you’re tired of the whole re-install to bare metal every few
years look into Qubes OS, https://www.qubes-os.org/ .  That way you’re
never ‘down’ as your existing ‘system’ is still running while you’re building
the next one.