Re: On using other init systems in Debian

On Tuesday 30 November 2021 07:26:10 pm Hunter Ellett via tde-users wrote:
> Thanks! Will try Debian now to hopefully circumvent this memory leak bug.
> I'd rather be running with Debian than a fork that just changes the init.

If you want no systemd at all (and I’m assuming no memory leaks, cause really
wtf?) try antiX as a base, then install TDE as you would for Debian?

I did a full antiX install in a VM then added TDE, seems to work okay.  This
did end up with a very wonky display manager though (and a bunch of
extraneous window managers).

If you don't want the MX/antiX package manager*, possibly try just installing
antiX-21_x64-base and then manually adding TDE on top of that (which should
leave you with only TDE).

* The MX/antiX package manager is legitimately awesome for installing finicky
things like VirtualBox/Steam/etc.  If I get antiX base and TDE working okay,
I’ll eventually figure out how to add it back in.

HTH,
Michael

Ref: https://antixlinux.com/
Ref:  (see Notes for where to put sources)
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/MX_Linux_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions#Warnings_.2F_Notes