Re: Cannot open kwickshow and gwenview

On 2021-11-20 10:33 p.m., Mike Bird wrote:

> On Sat November 20 2021 07:22:59 Ken Heard wrote:
>> Not only can these two applications not be opened from the TDE menu, but
>> also can they not be opened when called for by Dolphin or Konqueror.
>> When trying to open them from the menu, there is no response of any
>> kind.  When I want to look at jpgs with Dolphin the response is
>> 'Kwickshow cannot be launched by Dolphin.'  Likewise if I try to open
>> them with Konqueror, the response is 'Gwenview cannot be launched by
>> Konqueror.'
>>
>> It would appear that software needed to open these apps is missing.  (I
>> am installing -- or trying to install -- TDE R14.0.11 at first and
>> lately now R14.0.12 [Experiment] on a new machine with Debian Bullseye.)
>>  I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to solve this problem.
>
> Hi Ken,
>
> I don't see this problem in my TDE R14.0.11 on Bullseye.
>
> What happens if you try to run gwenview from a regular non-root
> konsole commmand line?

This message was returned: 'gwenview: error while loading shared
libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory'

So my next step was to run command:

apt-cache showpkg libpng12.so.0

which returned the following:

N: Unable to locate package libpng12.so.0
N: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libpng12.so.0'
N: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libpng12.so.0'

So here is a real catch 22. The software wants a package which is not in
any repository.  So where do we go from her?

Thanks for the help so far. Regards, Ken