Re: Dcopserver not loading

On 2021/11/14 12:36 AM, E. Liddell wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 21:05:47 +0700
Ken Heard <kenslists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First things first:  Please switch to the new mailing list.  This one
has been deprecated and could shut down at any time.

It is consequently my understanding that running the 'dcopserver'
command is presumably required as part of the initial boot-up.  If such
is usually the case I would appreciate knowing what I need to do to have
my computer, named Morcom, do so as well.  Can anyone tell me?

Normally, the starttde script calls tdeinit, which then forks off a
dcopserver instance.  I believe this should happen when a TDE
XSession is loaded.  Apparently some part of this chain isn't
working properly on your machine.

What's your distro?  Are there any errors in your X logs?

E. Liddell

And are you running a full TDE session or try to run apps inside another DE?

Cheers
 Michele