[OT] Debian and sysvinit

On Sun October 31 2021 19:02:19 Hunter Ellett via tde-users wrote:
> Unfortunately, I followed these steps and sysvinit works but everything
> wants to remove it. It doesn't look like there's any way to
> update-alternatives to your init. I am not a fan of systemd myself but I
> started using Pipewire to make Linux audio more bearable and it's a bit of
> a hassle without systemd for now. Since I'm on Sid, if something changes
> I'll be the first to know. Maybe sooner or later we'll see if Debian
> packages become more init-independent.

Hi Hunter,

I'm running Debian Bullseye with sysvinit on servers, workstations,
laptops, and VPSs with no problems.  The only desktop we use is TDE
but we do also run a few Gnome applications under TDE.

Bullseye is better than Buster where I did have to use some old
Stretch init scripts to make things work.

What is conflicting with sysvinit on your system?

--Mike