Re: Appimage

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 03:07:27PM +0000, dep wrote:
> Greets, everybody . . .
>
> I've got a book coming on, and one of the rituals attendant to that is
> searching for an outliner/organizational application into which I can dump
> notes and such by chapter and conduct some of the other housekeeping
> involved.

LibreOffice and/or OpenOffice?

Plain old text files, edited in the editor of your choice, organised in
directories "chapter 1", "chapter 2", etc?

Writers who argue about bespoke applications for managing their writing
are like programmers who argue about IDEs. All IDEs suck, and if you
know your tools, you don't need one.

https://mkaz.blog/code/unix-is-my-ide/

https://blog.sanctum.geek.nz/series/unix-as-ide/

And yes, Unix tools as an IDE sucks too. It's an IDE, so by definition
it sucks. Choose the suckage you prefer, and go for it.

http://wcaleb.org/blog/my-academic-book-in-plain-text

https://richardlent.github.io/post/the-plain-text-workflow/

https://economicsfromthetopdown.com/2020/12/10/why-and-how-i-write-scientific-documents-in-plain-text/

Relevant: