Re: email mess - maybe OT or not

On Wednesday 20 October 2021 22:43:56 deloptes wrote:
> William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > Maybe I'll start by deleting all my templates. I can always make new
> > ones.
>
> Isn't it all text in *nix?
> so grep on Genes mail and see where it is saved.

Gene's email, like all of yours who are in the list, gets sent to the TDE
mailing list folder. I've only exchanged a couple emails with him outside the
list. Likewise everybody else; unless we get into some extended conversation,
I keep them in the TDE mailing list, which is by far the biggest folder.

I suppose I could grep the whole TDE folder, or even grep everything in my
machine, just to see what comes up with that email address.

By the way, just rethinking an earlier email exchange with Steve D'Arpano:
That first testing email (sent to his private email address) was not sent
from a template, but was created from scratch. I filled in all the fields by
hand; the second testing email sent to him was also from scratch. Yet only
the first contained reference headers to Gene's email, not the second.

So while myself or my email client, which is Kmail. are common denominators,
my email templates, at least in this instance, are not. I deleted them
anyway, since they will stay in my trash for a while and I can always
retrieve them or create new ones. But I don't think templates are the
problem.

Bill