Re: email mess - maybe OT or not

On Wednesday 20 October 2021 18:00:19 Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 03:10:13PM -0700, William Morder via tde-users
wrote:
> > And a little P.S.
> >
> > I created these last two emails from scratch, not a reply, not a
> > template, filled in all the fields with my own two reasonably clean
> > hands, and I *still* get Gene's email address in the reference headers.
>
> I'm not sure which emails are "these last two".
>
> If you are referring to the previous email of yours where you explained
> that you fell asleep then got up in the middle of the night to reply,
> that one does contain a Reference header referring to Gene.
>
> But this email (that I am replying to) does not.

Yeah, I just noticed that myself. The second one does not. But I created both
from scratch. Yet only the first contains those reference headers referring
to Gene.

I created them both in the same way. I pasted in all the fields for subject,
addresses, etc.

> > Another email sent out to a friend only a couple days ago (completely
> > unrelated) contains no references to Gene on the TDE list, nor to person
> > B.
> >
> > So it definitely seems to have some connection to the TDE mailing list.
> > If so, then how and why?
>
> But the emails from person B does not go through the mailing list.
>
> The only common factor here is your mail client and templates.

Maybe I'll start by deleting all my templates. I can always make new ones.

Bill