Re: email mess - maybe OT or not

On Tue October 19 2021 18:41:17 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> There is a recurring glitch in my emails, which involves another person
> (person A) here on the mailing list. (I don't name him here, but I have
> already contacted him to ask about it.) It involves the mailing list,
> maybe, because I only know him from the list, and we have only exchanged a
> couple of personal emails outside the list.
>
> Now here is the actual "problem": I have another friend (person B) who is
> not a member of the list. When she recently sent me an email from her
> phone, the private email address of this first person (person A, a member
> of the list) showed up in her (person B's) email headers. There is
> absolutely no other connection between these two persons, except of course
> for myself.

Hi William,

Your email quoted in part above contains the following headers:

Either your KMail is really messed up or you sometimes start an
email and then repurpose it.  For example it looks like that email
started as a reply to Gene and then you changed it to go to the
list but it already had the references to Gene in it.

This could explain how references to person A got into your
correspondence with person B.

--Mike