Re: Oh, my -- this is no fun at all

said E. Liddell:
| On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:33:37 +0000
|
| dep <dep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > While it seems to have been resolved here, I do wonder why the R14
| > script exists to begin with. What does it give us that we need?
|
| The general intent is to ensure better compliance with freedesktop.org's
| XDG specification (which is a living, and therefore chageable,
| document).
|
| The substansive part of the script is mostly (90%+) k[de] -> t[de]
| renames.
|
| Some of the tests are . . . not everything they could be, let's say.
|
| Unless you've gone a long time between updates, very little of this
| script is likely to be applicable to your system.

The offending entry was, three times, kde-noatun. I keep my system up to
date -- so why would it have been there? When was there a program by that
name? There's surely no time, ever, when I would have that but no other
kde- applications, so why would that one alone have survived in the menu
file (though not in the menu)?
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album