Re: Oh, my -- this is no fun at all

On Tuesday 12 October 2021 14:29:54 Mavridis Philippe wrote:
> Judging from the errors I'd assume that the script messed up some files.
> Reinstalling the base (tdelibs/tdebase) packages will probably help.
> Technically it might be the .desktop files or (less likely) some library
> paths (a telling sign of which would be KPDF complaining about a missing
> part and showing just a blank window).
>
> AFAIK r14-xdg-update is pretty safe to run, but if used improperly, it can
> indeed do some Very Bad Things. Do you use mixed packages, or are all of
> them from the same release? Asking because this is a very likely scenario
> where r14-xdg-update could screw up.
>
> --
> Mavridis Philippe

Search for the previous threads with that heading "r14-xdg"
or "r14-xdg-update", because that sounds like it might be related.

If you recall, many of us on the list were getting an error message during
boot-up sequence, and there were some other quirks that people described.

Kate (or somebody else?) posted something about a dirty "fix" under that
heading. It might not be the solution to the problem, but it is somewhere to
start looking.

Bill