Re: Recommendations for TDE-compatible non-systemd distro?

On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 14:18:32 +1100
"Steven D'Aprano" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> After about a year of being not very happy with Fedora 29, I am planning
> to bite the bullet and rebuild my desktop. This time I want to install
> something that works with TDE, and preferably not running systemd.
>
> Requirements:
>
> - my PC is a low-end machine with Intel i3 CPU
>
> - my Linux admin experience is low to medium (been using Linux for about
> 20 years, but mostly "if it works, don't fiddle with it")
>
> - I want to run TDE.
>
> What would you recommend?

Devuan will give you the best chance of getting help here, as there are more
users of Debianoid distros on this list than any other family.

Gentoo technically fits your requirements, but I don't recommend it (especially
on a slow machine) unless you're dedicated to learning more about how Linux
works.  (I seem to end up dis-recommending my own distro frequently.)

E. Liddell