On maintaining message marks

Greetings all;

One small item about kmail has bugged me for many years, and its time I
fussed about it.

The "it" I refer to is that when kmail rebuilds an index, it wipes out
your carefully set message marks like "important" or "action item",
losing those flags you set so it was easily findable later.

The addition of the ability to save those, and search for them later by a
better method than visually scanning the message list looking for those
marks, would be the most usefull addition to kmails abilities I can
imagine.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)