Re: FreeBSD 13.0 Trinity Port: Update on pinentry-tqt error

Hunter E. via tde-users wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I am back once again. I've reinstalled FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE and am
> working on fixing the FBSD port of TDE as I go along with building it,
> recording everything that happens so that we may be able to end the
> weird snags that occur in it once and for all.
>
> I ran into the usual problem with pinentry-tqt where it stops and says
> to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and try again. I ran it once again with
> MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and this time it stopped with different output and
> told me to run "aclocal", so I went into the pinentry-tqt work
> directory and did such. Now I went back to the big makefile where I
> was and started back. It made it much further and the output was
> different yet again, this time giving me more insight on what was going
> on. At this point I also found out you need to have the package
> 'texinfo' to avoid a "makeinfo not found" error.
>
> It looks like the problem is caused by libgpg-error in some way. I used
> the script tool to record the terminal output and attached it to this
> email. libgpg-error on my system is version 1.42, which is higher than
> the minimum version of 1.16 it says is needed so I am dumbfounded.

but is this not a question for the dev ML?

to me it looks like the build routines need to be set properly, however on
debian and perhaps on Ubuntu it is building fine. Also no one complained
regarding building RPMs.
I'll leave it to someone who uses FreeBSD