Re: Kmail connections

<users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On 5 September 2021 14:05:20 WEST, William Morder via tde-users
<users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >>In Kmail, when you configure each email account, there you can set
> >> "interval email checking" for whatever duration you choose.
> >>
> >>Also, you might consider trying out kshowmail-trinity, which is a minimal
> >> app that does only a few things, but does them very well. You can set it
> >> for interval checking, delete emails from the server, etc. I forget if
> >> it works for imap, though.
> >>
> >>When I used to get a lot more emails, I would use kshowmail for interval
> >>checking and deleting stuff from the server, then download the rest with
> >>Kmail. But now I have managed to make myself obscure and mostly forgotten
> >>enough that it doesn't matter, so I haven't kept up with the best or most
> >>recent tools. But between kmail and kshowmail, you ought to be covered.
> >>
> >>Bill
> >>Web mail archive available at
> >> https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/users@trinityde
> >>sktop.org
> >
> >Is this allowed If I edit such settings or only the first time.
> >
> >Maybe I am just ignoring an obvious option but I don't find that in my
> > account settings in KMail.
>
> Okay, I found that was completely greyed.
>
> This is why I didn't see it before inside my own account settings.
>
> By default seems to be set to 5 minutes.
>
> Thank you to everyone.

Sorry, I was away from my machine. (Imagine that!)

Glad to see that you found it on your own; it does take a little digging to
get there.

Remember to check out kshowmail (and I see that Kate agrees with me). It only
does a few things, but it does them very well, and works well in tandem with
Kmail.

Bill