Re: Firefox sound question.

Στις Παρ, 3 Σεπ 2021 στις 5:21 π.μ., ο/η Michael
<mb_trinity_desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:

> On Thursday 02 September 2021 08:11:08 pm Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
> > Στις Παρ, 3 Σεπ 2021 στις 3:39 π.μ., ο/η Michele Calgaro via tde-users
> >
> > <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:

> > > Hi Giorgos,
> > > you need to have PulseAudio installed and running for Firefox to play
> > > sound. Once you do, it works fine. Cheers
> > >    Michele
> >
> > THANKS Michele!
> >
> > I already have it, and indeed it works fine for the repository
> > installation. It just doesn't work for the Mozilla binaries.
>
> That sounds like PulseAudio has the binary muted or at zero volume then.  When
> you are playing sound in FF(Moz), open up PulseAudio's config app* and see
> what its volume is set for FF(Moz).
>
> * PulseAudio Volume Control (Playback tab, Show all streams)
>
> Note:  You have to be playing sound in an app to have that app show up in
> PulseAudio Volume Control so you can set it.  If I have the wrong tab above,
> keep something playing sound and you'll find it in one of the tabs...
>
> HTH,
> Michael

THANKS Michael!!!  :-)
Correct!

Although I had "pulseaudio" already installed and didn't work,
this time I tried the package "debian-pulseaudio-config-override" and
it did the trick!

Somehow, it seems that PulseAudio doesn't play well on Debian based
systems, without these specific hacks.
Now everything's OK!

Problem solved.
THANKS AGAIN!!!  :-)