Re: Firefox sound question.

On Thursday 02 September 2021 08:11:08 pm Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
> Στις Παρ, 3 Σεπ 2021 στις 3:39 π.μ., ο/η Michele Calgaro via tde-users
>
> <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
> > On 2021/09/02 9:57:09 AM, Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος wrote:
> > > Hi!  :-)
> > >
> > > I'm using Firefox from repositories without any problem.
> > >
> > > Just out of curiosity, I downloaded from Mozilla site, the latest
> > > version I unpacked and ran it.
> > > Everything seems to work fine, except sound. It seems to be unable, to
> > > play any kind of sound.
> > > Does anyone know anything related?
> > >
> > > TIA!
> > > G.
> >
> > Hi Giorgos,
> > you need to have PulseAudio installed and running for Firefox to play
> > sound. Once you do, it works fine. Cheers
> >    Michele
>
> THANKS Michele!
>
> I already have it, and indeed it works fine for the repository
> installation. It just doesn't work for the Mozilla binaries.

That sounds like PulseAudio has the binary muted or at zero volume then.  When
you are playing sound in FF(Moz), open up PulseAudio's config app* and see
what its volume is set for FF(Moz).

* PulseAudio Volume Control (Playback tab, Show all streams)

Note:  You have to be playing sound in an app to have that app show up in
PulseAudio Volume Control so you can set it.  If I have the wrong tab above,
keep something playing sound and you'll find it in one of the tabs...

HTH,
Michael