Re: rpi: cannot mount flashdriive

Anno domini 2021 Mon, 30 Aug 18:44:12 +0900
 Michele Calgaro via tde-users scripsit:
> On 2021/08/30 3:44:50 PM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> >> Hello Michele,
> >>
> >> It is just a workaround since I could never get it to work.
> >> I don't miss any of the added feature. It would be nice to have them but not
> >> worth the trouble. Perhaps when the problem with udisks2 is repaired.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the concern, you are right, of course, but best I can do for now.
> > As I'm on 14.1 I cannot remove tdeio_media_mounthelper. Despite that, it's working perfectly fine on all older installations, so I assume "something" is missing with that darn GNOMEish org.freedesktop.....-stuff. Just how do I find out what's going wrong?
> >
> > Nik
> >

> Hi all,
> as further info, in R14.1.x tdehw lib and tdeio-media (including tdeio_media_mounthelper) has received a lot of
> attention and there are several changes compared to R14.0.x. tdeio_media_mounthelper works pretty much flowlessly in
> R14.1.x but as I mentioned earlier I am not 100% sure how good (or how bad) it performs in R14.0.x. The problem is
> eventually not tdeio_media_mounthelper itself (which doesn't do much other than making DCOP calls) but the underlying
> invoked code.
>
> Cheers
>    Michele

14.1 works like a charm on my thinkpads and desktops - same version as on raspberrypi. I tried to get a hint with

$ strace -f /opt/trinity/bin/tdeio_media_mounthelper -f -m media:/dev/sdb 2>&1

but this does not give any hint on what went wrong :/

Nik