Re: rpi: cannot mount flashdriive

On 2021/08/30 3:44:50 PM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Hello Michele,

It is just a workaround since I could never get it to work.
I don't miss any of the added feature. It would be nice to have them but not
worth the trouble. Perhaps when the problem with udisks2 is repaired.

Thanks for the concern, you are right, of course, but best I can do for now.
As I'm on 14.1 I cannot remove tdeio_media_mounthelper. Despite that, it's working perfectly fine on all older installations, so I assume "something" is missing with that darn GNOMEish org.freedesktop.....-stuff. Just how do I find out what's going wrong?

Nik

Hi all,
as further info, in R14.1.x tdehw lib and tdeio-media (including tdeio_media_mounthelper) has received a lot of attention and there are several changes compared to R14.0.x. tdeio_media_mounthelper works pretty much flowlessly in R14.1.x but as I mentioned earlier I am not 100% sure how good (or how bad) it performs in R14.0.x. The problem is eventually not tdeio_media_mounthelper itself (which doesn't do much other than making DCOP calls) but the underlying invoked code.

Cheers
  Michele