Re: Anybody here using an SSD?

On Friday 06 August 2021 10:25:03 Dan Youngquist wrote:

> On 8/5/21 11:59 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> > BiWin
> > Crucial
> > Intel
> > Kingston
> > Mushkin (1 of 2 replaced)
> > Pioneer
> > PNY (replaced)
> > SiliconPower
> > TeamGroup
> > XPG (Adata) (1 of 2 returned defective)
> > ZTC
> >
> > Overall I'd say the defect rate differs little from my experience
> > with rotating rust, so it's worth the improvement in speed to use
> > them.
>
> It's worth noting that all those you've had fail are brands that don't
> have very good reputations in SSDs.  Stay away from those and you'll
> have a much better failure rate.

I'd note here that I'm beating the daylights out of 4 of the 240G
adata's, and one 60G. All are working flawlessly after I purged my
systems of sata-usb3 cables of other brands in favor of startech's.
They, and the drives are Just Works here.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis