Re: Anybody here using an SSD?

On 8/5/21 9:36 AM, dep wrote:
> So . . . has anyone here used an SSD in a desktop machine? If so, what did
> you put on it?

(I didn't notice this went directly to dep the first time, and not to the
list.  Maybe the mailing list's reply-to settings need attention?)

I don't use any SSDs, but I've installed quite a few in customers' machines.
 They're significantly more reliable than hard disks, and they make a
machine seem much faster because it spends very little time waiting for the
hard disk.  The downside is, when they fail, they're much more likely to
just die on the spot with no warning, taking your data with it.  Hard disks
often die slowly enough that you can rescue the data.  So with an SSD it's
even more important to keep your data backed up.

--
PGP key: http://homestead-products.com/pubkey.htm