Re: [users] [users] GTK 3 TQt Engine Styles

said J Leslie Turriff:

| On 2021-07-28 22:09:13 dep wrote:
|
| > Might you have caught that on, oh, I dunno, a list frequented by Gnome
| > simps?
|
| 	Since I don't frequent any such lists, no.  It was probably an article
| in the tech column of a newspaper; that's why I said it might be a
| rumour.

I should have noted that I was (half-) joking, because that rumor has been
a steady thing from the Gnomes for, what, 23 years now, though obviously
not about Qt6.

I wrote a lot about this way back when -- mostly on LinuxPlanet, whose
archives do not seem to extend back that far and it would take half a day
to track it down in the wayback machine, but I did find this from 21 years
ago, when the pre-cancellation RMS criticized KDE and endorsed Gnome:

https://www.linuxtoday.com/developer/stallman-on-qt-the-gpl-kde-and-gnome/
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album