Re: [users] GTK 3 TQt Engine Styles

On 2021-07-28 13:27:13 Hunter via tde-users wrote:
> Thanks for the history lesson.. Yes, I wasn't even born then! One of my
> first experiences with Linux was with Kubuntu in 2017, with Plasma 5
> (yucky). Never wanted to touch it again. Never really tried GNOME itself.

	I probably wouldn't mind Gnome, except it has so few configuration knobs, and what it
does have are all more or less hidden.  I dislike that the Gnome themes all waste so much
screen real estate with wide title, menu and tool bars and inability in most apps to put
buttons on the sides of windows instead of along the top.  (Like me, your display is
probably wider than high; why insist on taking up vertical space with them?)  If Gnome
was more configurable I might be using it, but it isn't, so I'm not.
	I did hear something not too long ago about TrollTech making QT6 license-only; don't know
it that's just a rumour.

Leslie
--
   Operating System: Linux