Re: Logitech USB Volume Not Changing

On 7/25/21 1:01 PM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Anno domini 2021 Sat, 24 Jul 07:41:16 -0400
  Edward scripsit:

Hi Nik,

I briefly installed the regular pavucontrol package, which required some
additional dependencies and the screens were somewhat different, but
since the Qt variant works as is, I removed the regular package and
dependencies and kept the Qt variant installed.

Although I don't know if this is a TDE-specific issue, with either or
both pavucontrol packages installed, when they appear on TDE's
Multimedia menu, neither entry displays an icon to the left.
Question still is: can you control volume with pulseaudio installed?

Nik

Technically.

If I am listening to an MP3 using Audacious, I can successfully adjust
the volume with the control marked Audacious.

There are three other controls on the same tab (Playback) labeled:

 * speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng
 * speech-dispatcher-generic
 * speech-dispatcher-dummy

with 'playback on' defaulting to the Audigy FX sound card. If I move the
volume control on the headset, the progress bars for the above three all
move in-sync, but does not change the volume itself. If I change the
playback option for those three to the headphones, the volume controls
drop to 50% (half-way across), but do not move when the volume is
changed. Only the Audacious entry will change the volume. Screenshot is
attached.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.10  -  Debian: 10.10 (amd64)