Re: Logitech USB Volume Not Changing

On 7/24/21 2:29 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
Anno domini 2021 Fri, 23 Jul 19:29:02 -0400
  Edward scripsit:
I used the Debian LXQt image to install Debian, then installed the TDE
packages afterwards. The installed packages are pavucontrol-qt and
pavucontrol-qt-l10n. There is another package pavucontrol, described as
'PulseAudio Volume Control". I could also install that.

If I attempt to remove pulaeaudio-qt, it wants to install the LXQt
desktop with other packages.
Sure it does - as we all know, audio is essential to DEs, so no sane user ever wants to remove that. And if you want to, think twice, 'cause the packages know better ;)

But you could install "equivs" and build a dummy pulaeaudio-qt package.

Nik

Hi Nik,

I briefly installed the regular pavucontrol package, which required some
additional dependencies and the screens were somewhat different, but
since the Qt variant works as is, I removed the regular package and
dependencies and kept the Qt variant installed.

Although I don't know if this is a TDE-specific issue, with either or
both pavucontrol packages installed, when they appear on TDE's
Multimedia menu, neither entry displays an icon to the left.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.10  -  Debian: 10.10 (amd64)