Re: Printing PDF's [possibly OT]

On 7/23/21 6:05 PM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
On Tuesday 13 July 2021 12:33:10 pm Edward wrote:
Since installing Debian, I've had some issues printing PDF's, in that
the resulting printout doesn't look exactly like the PDF.
Additional info:

Problem with Libreoffice Draw with a PDF file
https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=100&p=645394#p645394

^ I didn't read all that, but it seems like the same problem (and had at least
a bit of explanation why).

When I looked at the font info for the PDF in question, it was
all-Helvetica, which would explain why what would have been the MICR
line at the bottom, printed in a completely different font. It's likely
due to the way the PDF was created. I looked at another PDF that also
has a MICR line at the bottom and that PDF displayed as expected. I
guess I probably didn't need to install the GnuMICR font in the first
place, as it didn't actually solve the problem with the first PDF.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.10  -  Debian: 10.10 (amd64)