Re: login keyring

> Does this not cause any security issues? I mean does the password not get stored on a google server? Also, would I enter the same password as my user account? I normally do not setup a TDE Wallet or GNOME keyring.

The password should be the same as your user account – at least this is what always worked for me in that case.

The password is not sent anywhere – it's just the way the Keyring protects the data it stores. The data sent is the data stored in the Keyring, and this data is locally protected by the password. So, probably no security issues here.

And, you didn't have to set up GNOME Keyring – it quietly sets up itself, most probably the first time a program tries to use it.

You could theoretically safely uninstall this library. Google Earth would be probably unharmed. But, speaking from experience, some Chromium-based browsers might react badly to such a sudden change and some others might keep forgetting credentials and bug you with a login prompt every time they start (Skype).

--
Mavridis Philippe