Re: Printing PDF's [possibly OT]

On 7/13/21 1:58 PM, Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:
On Tue July 13 2021 10:33:10 Edward wrote:
Since installing Debian, I've had some issues printing PDF's, in that
the resulting printout doesn't look exactly like the PDF. This could be
due to the fonts installed with Debian, where they are possibly not the
same or ideal fonts for PDF's.
Any hints in kpdf File/Properties/Fonts?

fonts-liberation contains free versions of the most common MSFT fonts.

ttf-mscorefonts-installer can install more comprehensive unfree versions.

I have these and about a dozen other font packages installed and its
years since I had a missing font problem.

--Mike

For the PDF in question, that displays numerous entries, showing
Helvetica, Helvetica Bold, Helvetica BoldOblique, Helvetica Oblique and
two entries displaying: [none]

The Helvetica entries show Type 1, no embedding. The two [none] entries
show Type 3, embedded. fonts-liberation and fonts-liberation2 are
already installed.

What is occurring, was that the layout of the PDF viewed with any of the
aforementioned packages (except Vivaldi), wasn't 100% perfect. For
example, spacing between the letters was uneven.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

TDE: R14.0.10  -  Debian: 10.10 (amd64)