Re: Hibernate from TDE

Ciao Michele,

I tried it out. Both "Freeze" and "Suspend" work! It rocks!

I have another question, also tangential to TDE. I am still using the default SDDM that openSUSE Leap 15.2 came with as the login display manager. It has no "Hibernate" button, but it has a "Sleep" button. Any idea whether this corresponds to Suspend (to RAM) or Hibernate? Last time I tried it out it made my laptop hang but that's before I fixed the problems with Hibernate (had to switch from "platform" to "shutdown"), so it makes me think that "Sleep" in SDDM is actually Hibernate (or something obscure). But this is irrelevant to everyday use since I normally just hibernate from TDE.

I also noticed an interesting fact about "Freeze". If you logged in remotely into the laptop and you put it into the "Freeze" state, your login shell is also "frozen" but comes back up immediately as soon as the laptop resumes and it even "remembered" that I had pressed the ENTER key.

Best,

    Gianluca

Ciao Giunluca,
I don't use openSUSE so I don't have an answer about the "Sleep" button. Simplest way is to just give it a go and see what happens, you will quickly know whether it will hibernate or suspend to RAM.

Cheers
  Michele