Re: Remove services from the icon tray

On Fri, 25 Jun 2021, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

On 2021-06-25 3:13 AM, Gianluca Interlandi wrote:
Hi!

I wonder whether there is a way to remove some of the tray icons in the panel. For example, I get two clipboards: the trinity clipboard and the parcellite clipboard. I would like to get rid of the parcellite clipboard. I can close it for the current session by right-cliking it and chooseing "Exit", but at the next login it reappears. Is the only way to achieve it to uninstall parcellite?

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Cioa Gianluca,
parcellite is a non-TDE application. It may have some config options/start up file, so you will need to look for it and disable the startup feature, if any. I am not familiar with it, so I can't give more detailed feedback unfortunately. But perhaps a google search may point you in the right direction.

I was able to get rid of parcellite in TDE (without uninstalling the package) by

mv /etc/xdg/autostart/parcellite-startup.desktop /etc/xdg/

It no longer starts itself at TDE startup and I can always move it back if I want it again.

A presto,

       Gianluca

Cheers
 Michele

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Bioengineering