Re: Trinity on openSUSE Leap 15.2

Hi François,

2) Is it possible to use the kwin-decor-suse2-0.4.1 style in the Trinity desktop? I understand that KDE3 and Trinity packages cannot coexist, but would it be in principle possible to download the RPM:

https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/x86_64/kde3-kwinsty le-suse2-0.4.1-lp152.57.2.x86_64.rpm

and move the files to folders where Trinity would find them? Or, is there a window decoration style in Trinity that looks similar to SUSE2 decor?

No, this won't work.
Any package related to kde3 libraries should be patched/rebuilt from source for the Trinity desktop.
In theory, any KDE3 package can be patched/rebuilt for Trinity.
I don't know if there is something like Suse2 in available decorations.

If you want some KDE3 packages to be made available in Trinity, you can submit packaging request here:
https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde/issues

3) What about the font "misc-console"? This used to be available in KDE3, but I do not see a similar package in the Trinity repositories.

This package does not exist in Trinity currently.
Unlike 99% of the packages mentioned in previous question, you may probably install this package then move the file from /opt/kde3/share/fonts/ to /opt/trinity/share/fonts/

I was actually able to select "Misc Console" from the fonts list under Settings in trinity-konsole. So it seems that it is already part of the Trinity desktop.

Thanks!

     Gianluca

Thank you very much in advance for helping me with these questions!

Gianluca

Regards

François

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Bioengineering