Re: How to select the default soundcard ?

On Monday 31 May 2021 13:22:39 deloptes wrote:
> William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > That pulseaudio stuff somehow gets into my system through other packages
> > that usually don't mention it.
>
> IMO using pulseaudio if you already have dbus is perfectly OK.
> In the past 2-3 years pulseaudio has become very good and safe to use.
>
> watch out that you do not become a victim of the purists.

No purist here, good sir! I like whatever works; whatever works better, that
will do. But I also like to feel that I am in control of my own system.
Whenever pulseaudio no longer bothers me by taking over my sound system, then
I might leave it there.

If everything just worked, and I felt in control of my own system, then I
would probably still be running Windoze or the rotten Apple. It isn't that I
set out to be "pure" with some preconceived notion; it just turns out that
the things that bother me tend to fall predictably into the same few
categories.

At some point in the future, I may change my mind on this or that; otherwise,
I will die and at last be freed from these infernal machines.

Bill