Re: How to select the default soundcard ?

Anno domini 2021 Sun, 30 May 11:16:36 -0500
 Michael via tde-users scripsit:
> On Sunday 30 May 2021 04:37:03 am Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Anno domini 2021 Sun, 30 May 09:16:43 +0200
> > Oh, one thing I forgot: Now that I know where to set the default soundcard
> > for kmix, wouldn't it be a nice thing if kmix could write ~/.asound.conf
> > and set the default soundcard for the current user when he changes the
> > soundcard?
>
> open an issue on TGW ;)
>
> 'eh?  actually I don't have a ~/.asound.conf file, so what app normally
> creates it?

None, that needs to be done by hand. IMO there is no program to set the default soundcard for alsa other than doing it with the editor of your choice by either editing/creating /etc/asound.conf (global) or ~/.asound.conf (on user base). Things might be different with pulseaudio, but that thing never worked for me, probably the bad carma of it's creator still sticks on it.

Nik