Re: How to configure Hotkey combination for konsole session

Am Freitag, 7. Mai 2021 schrieb Stefan Krusche via tde-users:
> Good Day Everyone,
>
> I want to change a hotkey combination ( Win + T ) that I have been
> using for a specific konsole session.
>
> When I assign that combination to another program via kmenuedit, it
> gets "assigned" but when hit, only the previously assigned konsole
> session gets started.
>
> I remember that kmenuedit used to issue a warning when one tried to
> use a hotkey combination which had already been assigned, but
> reassigns it anyway when told to do so (click OK). That didn't happen
> now when I assigned the hotkey combination that has been in use to
> start that konsole session to another application.
>
> Now, I can't seem to remember how and where I configured TDE to use
> the above-mentioned key-combo (Win+T) to that specific konsole
> session.

I found it in ~/.trinity/share/config/khotkeysrc but would still like to
know how to configure that through the GUI. I'm hundred percent sure I
did assign this originally via GUI.

> I can't find that key-combo in kmenuedit either anymore.

OK, found it.

TDE Control Center -> Regional & Accessability -> Input Actions

There is a listing "Entries from menu editor" (translated from
German "Einträge des Menü-Editors") which I seem to have created
myself.  And there also is the entry for the mentioned konsole session,
I have been looking for. It is for "Midnight Commander, transparent".

I noticed also an "abnormality": the entry for this "MC, transp."
konsole session shows up with four register cards whereas all other
entries only have three, the last two different.  This is probably
because of different action types, which can be configured there, too.
The old assignment to "MC, transp." console session is of
type "generic" here whereas all others are type "TDE menu entry
(simple)" (again, translated from German GUI).

> Has anybody an idea or hint how/where hotkey combos für konsole
> sessions could also be configured?

I think I can fix it from here myself but I'm still interested in some
kind of the greater picture of this hotkey stuff, which seems to be
quite sophisticated (or chaotic?!)

Cheers, Stefan