Re: tork-trinity or tor fails to start privoxy? - P.S. what about heads?

On Saturday 24 April 2021 12:02:09 pm William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> On Saturday 24 April 2021 09:25:41 Michael via tde-users wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 April 2021 08:19:50 am William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > > Does anybody have some idea what may have changed, since I have not
> > > changed my configuration since TDE prehistory? Thanks for any help!
> >
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > I’ll offer you a different (better?) solution:
> >
> > https://www.whonix.org/
> >
> > for VirtualBox with XFCE
> >
> > https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VirtualBox/XFCE
>
> Sorry, but I've tried Whonix, didn't like it (at least not for my primary
> box, which at the moment is my only box).

Ah, it's run in a VirtualBox VM so it's not a 'primary box' replacement (e.g.
you'd run it on your primary box, not as a primary box).  It's only to
replace your current use of tor, tork and privoxy.

If you're using tor, tork and privoxy for everything you do, then you can spin
up a Devuan VM and copy all the network settings of the Whonix Workstation VM
so the Devuan VM only goes through the Whonix Gateway VM[1].  Although if
you're going that far you'd be better served to go the Qubes-Whonix route:

https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes

Which is exceedingly safer than Tails, Heads, or any of the other similar
solutions.

HTH, Best,
Michael

[1] That’s seriously not recommended as you’d lose all fingerprint anonymity.