Re: Still having issues with Firefox and Thunderbird on TDE

On 3/1/21 9:08 PM, BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
On Monday 01 March 2021, Edward wrote:
On 3/1/21 8:23 PM, Edward wrote:
Unfortunately, I am still having issues with Thunderbird and Firefox,
where Thunderbird creates Blogs & News Feeds, instead of sending a link
for Firefox to open. But if Thunderbird mysteriously behaves as expected
and it sends the link to Firefox to open, Firefox will then display it's
not the default web browser, yet running a command to check the default
browser, shows it's Firefox. I have attached a screengrab of the two
windows.

Is there any harm in uninstalling Konqueror from TDE and using something
else as a file manager? The only other solution I see, would be to
uninstall both Firefox and Thunderbird and use Vivaldi and it's mail
client (after it's turned on) and use that from now on.

OS: Debian 10 stable
Brief update: If I log out of the session, then log back in, Firefox
shows it's the default web browser now and in clicking a link in a
different email, Thunderbird correctly sent it to Firefox, without
creating Blogs & News Feeds.

Could there be something in TDE causing the described behavior?

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

I've never experience this but I would guess this has more to do with
firefox/thunderbird setting then tde.

Try looking at all the config files. Also have you tried a clean, new user to
see if you can recreate the problem? Try creating "ed2" and see what happens?

I know this isn't much help but my experience with odd behaviors has always
led me to one thing. I ^(*&^)  something up. So I started with a fresh user,
making incremental backups of said user as I slowly recreated me previous
setup.

Kate

Firefox keeps switching between being the default browser, to not being
the default browser, sometimes during the same session. I don't know
what's causing this, except that I have seen this behavior if I launch
Konqueror or PCManFM-Qt as a file manager.

I also have Vivaldi installed, both Stable and Snapshot, but I'm
wondering if the system is treating Konqueror as a web browser, not a
file manager... I could always try uninstalling Konqueror, but I don't
know if that would cause other issues with TDE.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.