Re: Still having issues with Firefox and Thunderbird on TDE

On Monday 01 March 2021, Edward wrote:
> On 3/1/21 8:23 PM, Edward wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I am still having issues with Thunderbird and Firefox,
> > where Thunderbird creates Blogs & News Feeds, instead of sending a link
> > for Firefox to open. But if Thunderbird mysteriously behaves as expected
> > and it sends the link to Firefox to open, Firefox will then display it's
> > not the default web browser, yet running a command to check the default
> > browser, shows it's Firefox. I have attached a screengrab of the two
> > windows.
> >
> > Is there any harm in uninstalling Konqueror from TDE and using something
> > else as a file manager? The only other solution I see, would be to
> > uninstall both Firefox and Thunderbird and use Vivaldi and it's mail
> > client (after it's turned on) and use that from now on.
> >
> > OS: Debian 10 stable
>
> Brief update: If I log out of the session, then log back in, Firefox
> shows it's the default web browser now and in clicking a link in a
> different email, Thunderbird correctly sent it to Firefox, without
> creating Blogs & News Feeds.
>
> Could there be something in TDE causing the described behavior?
>

> --
> Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.

I've never experience this but I would guess this has more to do with
firefox/thunderbird setting then tde.

Try looking at all the config files. Also have you tried a clean, new user to
see if you can recreate the problem? Try creating "ed2" and see what happens?

I know this isn't much help but my experience with odd behaviors has always
led me to one thing. I ^(*&^)  something up. So I started with a fresh user,
making incremental backups of said user as I slowly recreated me previous
setup.

Kate