Re: Install not possible from Ubuntu Live CD's

Martin Bost via tde-users wrote:

> Both versions do exactly the same. It would be very nice to get help on
> this because I figured out that the combination of Ubuntu 20.04 and
> Trinity 14.x even when started from a stick after boot run more but fast
> enough to be used as a very good alternative to Kubuntu even on old
> hardware like a Samsung Netbook NC10 from 2011 with 2 GB RAM and ARM450
> CPU. So it would be nice to have the option to install from the Live CD's.

I don't know about the live stick, but TDE does not use dbus (much). And
yes, many here use TDE because it is excellent in terms of ressource
consumption and functionality.
You could install your favorite ubuntu and add TDE as a desktop - I guess
this is what most of the people are doing.
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Ubuntu_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions