Re: A look at the narrow version of the webpage

On Sunday 11 of October 2020 21:25:24 E. Liddell wrote:
> For your amusement (and to test whether I can actually *post* to the new
> mailing lists, since I got the confirm and welcome mails, but other
> messages have only been coming from the old list), I offer the following
> glimpses of what the tweaked website will look like on smaller devices:
>
> Really narrow screens (such as phones) will see this:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/m2tsMdWb/tdepage-phone.png
>
> Note the vertical menu at the bottom, and the header has been resized so
> that the word "Development" doesn't overflow off the screen to the
> right.
>
> Screens between 520px and 800px wide (of which I don't expect to find
> many—some tablets held in portrait mode, maybe) will get this instead:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/y6fKkM5Q/tdepage-medium.png
>
> Menu horizontal at the bottom, header larger but still not full-sized.
>
> At 800px, it reverts to the format we all know and . . . love?  In any
> case, at 800px, the sidebar takes up a little more than 20% of the
> screen, which should be acceptable to most.
>
> The resizing trick doesn't work in Konqueror, unfortunately, since it
> doesn't support CSS @media queries at the necessary level, but I am
> going to be very surprised if anyone manages to get Konqueror onto a
> phone.  The page does resize itself correctly on the three modern
> browsers I've tested.
>
> E. Liddell

In order to move forward in refresh web, I prepare a new content of Get
Involved page. Its original content that was focused on developers I have
moved to the Development page. And the existing links for developers I
divided between Development and Resources. See attached images.

Keep in mind that this is not a final state - there is still a need for
more work on other pages, including Development section.

Cheers
--
Slávek

PNG image