Re: How to achieve the legal status of the project?

Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:

> Spi seems to be similarly focused and probably a similarly trusted company
> as SF Conservancy. There is also many important projects under its roof:
>
> https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/
>
> However, the same problem - is subject to US law.

Perhaps this is why they founded similar legal entities in France and
Liechtenstein/Switzerland (debian.ch).

But it looks like we are on the right way and like Bill said lawyer up for
the last step. It is important to have the form of the entity and the legal
status clear. It might be similar in Austria and Czech Republic - no taxes
etc.