Re: How to achieve the legal status of the project?

On 2021/02/22 01:20 AM, Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
3. Our own non-profit organization.

I was worried that this could be an obstacle to creating a legal entity in
the Czech Republic - it will be necessary to use Czech when dealing with
the authorities. On the other hand, if we wanted to create a non-profit
organization in the EU, we would still have to choose a specific country,
so why not CZ, because when choosing another country, it will be a another
language that will be needed.

I researched the possibilities here. According to the current law, we have
an option called "spolek" or "zapsaný spolek" ("registered association" -
allowed abbreviation "z.s."). It is an association of three or more
persons, which has its own statutes and acts as a legal entity. The
members of the association are not liable for its debts.

I also researched what the account management options are here. The local
bank Fio.cz provides a Transparent Account. Such an account allows free
viewing of transactions on the account. Account management and operations
fees are minimal - basically the only fee is for payment outside the EU.

I also favor staying away from US and it seems the option above may be a viable way to go.
IMO, the following passage is the key point:

" It is an association of three or more
  persons, which has its own statutes and acts as a legal entity. The
  members of the association are not liable for its debts."

Worst come to worst, they may kill TDE but not its project leader and contributors.
As long as we make sure the above holds true, I think this option is good (again I am no legal expert at all).
We would then need to find at least 3 people (possibly more) wishing to be part of association and prepare a statute.
Remote meetings should be a breeze given today's technology (whether it is a videocall, whatsapp call, remote chat or any other form...).

Cheers
  Michele