Re: [users] [users] [users] [users] Trinity Trouble - Konqueror?

On Wed, Jan 06, 2021 at 12:26:47AM -0600, J Leslie Turriff wrote:

> 	Is it possible that there are left-over tasks running that were created by
> another desktop, that might be changing this setting?  I wonder, because when
> I used to reinstall my OpenSuSE system, to get GUI working I had to choose
> KDE(4) or Gnome, and since I really wanted to ultimately install Trinity, I
> chose Gnome.  Once Trinity was working my system was amazingly slow, and
> after a lot of hairpulling I discovered that Gnome's file indexing subsystem
> was starting, even though I wasn't using Gnome; I had to delete those Gnome
> components.  Maybe something similar is happening on your machine?

Modern Gnome is to classic Gnome as KDE 4 was to classic KDE, only more
so. It puts its tentacles into everything, and like a vampire squid,
sucks the life out of your desktop.

"What do you mean, not everyone has a $20K laptop with 64GB of RAM,
which they religiously shut down at least twice a day?"

- the Gnome and Red Hat developers

Speaking of expensive laptops, I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe to by
me a Luvaglio.

https://www.topteny.com/top-10-most-expensive-laptops-in-the-world/

--
Steve