Re: [users] [users] [users] [users] Trinity Trouble - Konqueror?

On 2021-01-05 07:47:00 Edward wrote:
> Hi Nik,
>
> When I turned the system on this morning (without launching Konqueror),
> Firefox and Thunderbird were working as expected. But when I checked the
> Firefox preferences, it again said it was not the default browser, I
> changed it back.
>
> Something system-wide keeps changing the default browser.
>
> I don't know what is installed managing autostart.
>
> I added the above user pref line to a new file 'user.js' in the profile
> directory, this is commented as one method to change the preferences
> when looking at prefs.js in vim, however when launching Firefox after,
> the preferences again indicated it wasn't the default and the same user
> pref was true, so the user.js had no effect.

	Is it possible that there are left-over tasks running that were created by
another desktop, that might be changing this setting?  I wonder, because when
I used to reinstall my OpenSuSE system, to get GUI working I had to choose
KDE(4) or Gnome, and since I really wanted to ultimately install Trinity, I
chose Gnome.  Once Trinity was working my system was amazingly slow, and
after a lot of hairpulling I discovered that Gnome's file indexing subsystem
was starting, even though I wasn't using Gnome; I had to delete those Gnome
components.  Maybe something similar is happening on your machine?

Leslie