Re: WTH? I can't find an MP4 player for local files, what am I missing?

On Tuesday 05 January 2021 16:30:49 Gene Heskett via tde-users wrote:

> Can you imagine an old fart like me with smoke coming out of his ears?

Yes, I can. I am also losing patience with this new-and-improved digital-smart
everything, where we are always-on, and must be diligent about keeping
everything up-to-date and secure.

I can only imagine that it is much much worse for you, and I know how hard it
is for me to wrestle with this crap every day. I would like to find a cave up
in the mountains, power everything with solar panels, and just check out of
the modern world. Also the human race, taken collectively or in large groups,
fills me with uneasiness, fear, despair ... but at least I am doing better
than most other people, who are losing jobs, maybe homes, and of course their
family members.

Eventually, though, even if you stay off the Internet, the media players your
unsupported Stretch and/or Wheezy systems will stop playing some formats,
because they keep changing things. And like I said, Buster/Beowulf will be
supported for years to come. So -- when things in your life get more
bearable -- consider upgrading your system.

And keep hanging in, there!

Bill