Re: Trinity Trouble - Konqueror?

On 12/30/20 5:46 PM, BorgLabs - Kate Draven wrote:
Ok as a Big Daddy (PCLOS) user. I have some suggestions.

I don't use the pclos package for FF or TB. I download from Mozilla directly
and use those. Then go to preferences and manually check the default settings
for both.

I use a lot of HP printers. Great printers but they have their eccentricities.
Try leaving the printers on during install. Or starting the HP tools getting
to the printer detection dialog, then turn the printer on, off and on again.
Make sure the USB is a good one.

You can also use system-config-printer, which, IMO, is the best printer setup
tool. The only time is doesn't always seem to work is when it's a HP network
printer.

I hope the above offers you something. However, wait for input from the rest
of the collective.

Be patient.

Kate

I deleted all of the printer-related entries (which included the fax
option, which I never used) and re-installed the printer using hp-setup
and un-checked the fax option. When installing Linux, I always leave the
printer on, so a live DVD can see it. I previously moved the printer
from the USB port it was connected to, to the other free port, but that
didn't solve the earlier issue of Trinity/Ubuntu/Lubuntu not finding it.