Re: Amrecover hangs after restore

On Saturday 19 December 2020 12:34:12 Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:

> On Saturday 19 of December 2020 15:34:37 Gene Heskett via tde-users
wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 December 2020 03:32:07 Gene Heskett wrote:
> >
> > Now I need some cross permissions help.
> >
> > I have added two dcop commands to my backup.sh that are:
> > /opt/trinity/bin/dcop kmail KMailIface pauseBackgroundJobs
> > and:
> > /opt/trinity/bin/dcop kmail KMailIface resumeBackgroundJobs
> >
> > Specified as Cmdholdit
> > and Cmdresume
> >
> > and called as
> > $Comdholdit
> > and
> > $Cmdresume
> >
> > But this script run as amanada, who is part of the backup group
> > and this error or generated:
> > ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!
> > when backup.sh is launched by amanda.
> >
> > I interpret this error to mean that amanda does not have rights to
> > use dcop.
> >
> > I, as user 1000 do, that command works without any reported error
> > for me.
> >
> > So, how do I add the backup group (or the user amanda) to the list
> > of users who can access dcop and send kmail a msg?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> to communicate with the DCOP server, authentication using the ICE
> authority key is required. When you normally run a dcop command like
> the one you used it, the ICE authority key for the current user is
> searched. Because this is a different user than the one under which
> KMail is running, you need to handle it.
>
> If the user under which the backup is running has sufficient
> privileges, you can try adding the --all-users --all-sessions
> parameters for dcop.

But when I tried to do that, no action was made, and the help page has
not been written. So despite that now showing up in kdcop, amanda still
cannot perform because amanda can't contact the server, but I can.

So some more hand holding is needed. :) Like how, short of rebooting, do
I enable a restart of dcop? Mmmm, ack the manpage can I add --user gene
in the middle of that Cmdline?

So, poking at the sleeping giant with this is as far as I want to go
without better guidance:

root@coyote:bin$ su amanda -c "/opt/trinity/bin/dcop --user
gene --all-sessions kmail KMailIface pauseBackgroundJobs"
WARNING: ICE authority file /home/gene/.ICEauthorityis not readable by
you!
Please check permissions or set the $ICEAUTHORITY variable manually
before
calling dcop.
[2020/12/19 13:35:38.922] DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could
not open network socket
[2020/12/19 13:35:38.922] DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could
not open network socket
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!
[2020/12/19 13:35:44.924] DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could
not open network socket
[2020/12/19 13:35:50.925] DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could
not open network socket
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!

help?

Thanks.